Nutrition experts Dale Pinnock, Patrick Holford, Dr Marilyn Glenville, Shona Wilkinson, Christine Bailey, Oliver McCabe, and Nicky Clinch are preparing to share insights on the latest health food trends at Natural & Organic Products Europe 2017.
Over 70 speakers – across three theatres – have now been confirmed for Europe’s biggest trade show for natural and organic healthy living, which returns to London ExCeL early next month, on 2-3 April.
Research linking good nutrition with good mental and physical health is well documented, and ever expanding. As more consumers become aware of its importance to their wellbeing, nutrition is set to play an even greater role in their diet, exercise and lifestyle choices in the years to come. The 2017 menu of top chefs in the Natural Food Kitchen will be demonstrating how to put this research into action – sharing their tips for incorporating a healthy balance of nutritious and functional ingredients into tasty dishes to suit every palate (and conscience).
Gill Mellor, head chef at River Cottage (accompanied by food and health blogger Madeleine Shaw), Francesco Mazzei, chef patron at the Sartoria in London’s Mayfair, Dr Rupy Aujla from The Doctor’s Kitchen (the event’s first GP chef), and Sólveig Eiriksdottir, Iceland’s most famous vegan chef – are among the big names hosting live cooking demos this year.
Natural Food Kitchen session highlights also include:
- Using food as medicine: Dale Pinnock, the medicinal chef
- Pure plant power: Christine Bailey, award winning nutritionist, chef and author
- The Fuel Food Cookbook – easy stress-free, sugar-free, wholefood recipes: Oliver McCabe, retailer and ambassador of Independent Health Food Store Association of Ireland (accompanied by Kate Fearnley of Viridian Nutrition)
- Cooking for balance with certified macrobiotic nutritionist Nicky Clinch and Clearspring
- Suma healthy vegan paella cook-off: Elaine Hutton & Lisa Morris, Suma Wholefoods’ co-operative kitchen (celebrating its 40th anniversary this year)
- New food trend – modern Korean: Jay Morjaria, founder of central London’s first meat free cooking school Sutra Kitchen
“This show has become a beacon in the world of natural and organic food,” says Morjaria. “I am very proud to be asked to host the Natural Food Kitchen again this year. The calibre and quality of the chefs showcasing their food on stage is bigger and better than before and I look forward to standing alongside them.”
For full timings and session details, please visit www.naturalproducts.co.uk/food/seminars.
Natural Products Talks
Fronted by a choice of Natural Products magazine’s top columnists, expert contributors and editors, the Natural Products Talks Theatre will feature a mix of fast-paced TED-style talks with lively panel discussions and celebrity interviews.
Opening day retailer-focused sessions include the unveiling of the 2017 Health Food Retailer Survey, a joint Soil Association and OTB panel session on selling organic in independent stores, and Lisa Bronner, from Dr Bronner’s Magic Soaps, discussing how to actively attract more of a family market.
Plus, there will be seven ‘nutrition’ seminars – covering everything from nutrigenomics (personal nutrition) and digestive health to managing stress and the power of protein:
- Stress – the good, the bad and the serious: Dr Marilyn Glenville
- Into the heart and science of wholistic Ashwagandha: Sebastian Pole, co-founder of Pukka Herbs
- The Great British bloat off – How to improve your digestion: Patrick Holford
- Born in the USA – latest trends from the USA: Shona Wilkinson, technical and corporate nutritionist
- Personal nutrition (Nutrigenomics) – relevant for retail? Chris Newbold, head of clinical nutrition at BioCare
- Fermented Turmeric: creating a bio-active, living powerhouse: Graham Botfield, founder of Living Nutrition
- The power of protein in 2017: Mark Tanous, co-founder of Bounce Foods; and Nick Morgan, Bounce’s nutritional expert and founder of A Word on Nutrition
“Natural & Organic Products Europe remains a key highlight in the calendar year and is a great platform for us all to come together as a unified industry, to continue to support everyone to benefit from a healthy and happy future – naturally,” says regular show speaker Dr Marilyn Glenville.
Second day (Monday 3 April) highlights include:
- Natural & Organic Awards Europe 2017 (open to exhibitors and press only): presented by food and health blogger Madeleine Shaw
- Brexit question time: featuring Graham Keen, executive director of HFMA; Patrick Ahern, director general of EHPM; Dr Robert Verkerk, executive & scientific director of Alliance for Natural Health; and John Weaver, CEO of Tree of Life
- Be the change – harnessing the power for positive change through business: featuring Jim Manson, editor in chief of Natural Products News; Sebastian Pole, co-founder of Pukka Herbs; Katie Hill, executive director of B Corporation; Alex Smith, founder of Alara Wholefoods; and Richard Austin, founder of Rainbow Wholefoods
- Sugar – myth and reality: Craig Sams, organic pioneer and co-founder of Green & Black’s
- A healthy organic market in the UK – the facts and the latest consumer research from Soil Association Certification: Finn Cottle, trade consultant; and Clare McDermott, business development director
- In conversation with Deliciously Ella: Ella Mills, founder of Deliciously Ella; and Diane Millis, acting editor of Natural Products News
- The innovation pitch live to Holland & Barrett buyers: featuring Peter Aldis, chief executive officer; Ian Mackie, head of category – food; Lucy Pottinger, head of category – ethical beauty & aromatherapy; & Lisa Sinclair, head of category – VMS (with NPN publisher Dominic Roberjot and lunch! show’s Chris Brazier)
For full timings and session details, please visit www.naturalproducts.co.uk/health-living/seminars.
Free trade registration
Natural & Organic Products Europe returns to London ExCeL on 2-3 April 2017.
For more information and to register for a free trade pass in advance (£20 on the door), please visit www.naturalproducts.co.uk