In light of recent developments around covid-19, the Organic World Congress (OWC), the world’s largest organic gathering, has been postponed to September 8-10, 2021 (pre-conferences to take place September 6 and 7) in Rennes, France.
Drawing from the motto, ‘From its Roots, Organic Inspires Life’, OWC 2021 will aim to provide organic and likeminded stakeholders working toward sustainable agriculture, value chains, and consumption with an opportunity to exchange their knowledge, innovations, and experiences. The congress offers momentum and inspiration to all who take part and is seen as a leading event for the global organic sector.
You can join an expected 2.400 likeminded participants at the Organic World Congress 2021 (OWC 2021) with its 80 conferences, 8 pre-conferences, covering six main themes:
- Leadership Forum: The Leadership Forum brings together thinkers, practitioners, and policy makers to discuss new ideas and concepts that will help propel agriculture and organic to the next level of sustainability.
- Farmers’ and Advisors’ Forum: A unique opportunity for farmers from 5 continents to share knowledge and initiatives
- Science Forum: From its roots, organic inspires science – and vice-versa.
- Supply and Value Chain Forum: his forum will give supply and value chain actors, from producers to consumers, the opportunity to share inspiring and transformational experiences as well as innovative initiatives to further develop organic food and non-food supply chains.
- Culture and Education Forum: From its roots, organic inspires all dimensions of life, beginning with the cultural, philosophical, and spiritual aspects that motivated us to respect the planet and its living beings.
- Stakeholder Forum: This forum aims to promote exchange between all the stakeholders dedicated to organic development and innovation.
One Forum in Focus: The Leadership
Under the guidance of IFOAM – Organics International board members, stakeholders from various professions and political backgrounds will openly debate the sector’s latest insights, controversies, and developments.
IFOAM – Organics International has selected the following session themes for the leadership forum. These themes are relevant for local and global organic progress, and were carefully crafted to ensure forum participants will have a wide range of topics for discussion:
- Policies as levers and best practices in advocacy: Messages and targets
- Intergenerational organics: Learning from experience and bringing in young energy
- Raising the bar for organics: Moving towards increased sustainability impact
- True Cost Accounting and its use in organic agriculture: Reality check on the magic bullet
- Why aren’t more farmers converting to organic? How to (p)reach (to) the not-yet-convinced?
- Organics for development: How to mainstream organic within the international donor discourse?
- Strategic partnerships: Teaming up with unusual suspects
- Reaching and empowering consumers in their role as citizens: Which intermediaries to target and with what messages?
- Organic leadership: What does being an agent of change imply?
Audience members will be invited to participate in the dialogue, allowing them to articulate new sector arguments and rationales. This forum is presented as a ‘Fish Bowl’, a methodology that ensures that everyone with relevant content is heard. It allows for a joint and effective synthesis of the information needed to move us closer to the organic vision.
Sign up for updates on our event website to be informed when new information is published on keynote speakers, program and other news!
Our Pre-conferences: One more reason to come to Rennes!
Pre-conferences allow those with a special interest in one of the eight pre-conference to take an in-depth look at the following topics:
- Symposium on Biodynamic Research – the Farm Organism as a Holistic Approach?
- Organic Animal Husbandry Systems – Their Performance, Potential, Possibilities, and Challenges
- Publish or Perish – Intensifying and Qualifying Scientific Publication of Organic Agriculture Research
- Seed Ambassadors: Building an International Network to Advance Organic Seed Systems
- Improving Transparency Along the Supply Chain and the Relevance of Organic Farming Statistics
- 30 Years of PGS Development: A Root and Branch Appraisal
- CSA and the Organic Movement: What’s (in) the Share?
- Policies Driving Sustainable Food Systems
Could you be a sponsor? Your brand at the heart of the global organic movement
Help us build a better tomorrow. Our partners are committed to addressing one of the greatest challenges we face: How can we better feed the world while regenerating our planet?
Our sponsors and partners benefit from the unique opportunity for their organisation, to participate in an event with a local, regional, national and global reach, alongside an expected 2,400 experts, professionals, decision-makers and influencers from all over the world, as well as thousands of local residents and stakeholders.
Some of the benefits offered include:
- Your logo, prominently featured in our on and offline communication;
- Visibility across the congress venue on posters and backdrops;
- Mail shots and extensive social media coverage;
- VIP passes for your team;
- A stand at the Business Convention where you can display your products;
- Opportunities for speaking slots at the congress.
Curious? Find out more on www.owc.ifoam.bio or contact contact[at]owc.bio
Subscribe at our Newsletter and be up to date with the latest news in the European Organic Sector
Bio Eco Actual, International Organic Newspaper
Read Bio Eco Actual